Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JSP Use <js...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/04 19:39:43 UTC

JSP to forward to "please wait" page and then "result" JSP

I have a long runing querry (5 minutes plus).

When a users enters the arguments, I want to submit
"forward" to a "please wait JSP", similar to Expedia.

When the querry returns, I want the user to see the
resulting report.

??

Suggestions?

Re: JSP to forward to "please wait" page and then "result" JSP

Posted by "Peter S. Hamlen" <ph...@mail.com>.
What I've done in the past:

Store a variable in the user's session (eg, queryInProgress).

On the "results page", use <logic:match name="queryInProgress"
value="true"> tags to display the "please wait" content, and otherwise
display the results set.

(Make sure that the bit running the query sets the variable back to
false when it's done, of course.)

-Peter