Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/29 22:24:53 UTC

CS 4.1 usage server

Hello everyone

there seems to be a bug with 4.1.1 in regards to usage server, I can start
the service, but I don't see any logs, running "service cloudstack-usage
status" reveals that its running.

cloud-usage database tables are empty, I have triggered usage run to
execute by changing the schedule from global settings menu in cloudstack.

Dose anyone else have the same issue?  or just me!

Thanks

Re: CS 4.1 usage server

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for trying ..

it seems broken by design, I fixed it by looking at log4j config in the
management folder. I also found a bug reported and marked as fixed, I have
added a comment there, and hopefully it will get picked up and fixed again.

Dean

Re: CS 4.1 usage server

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dean,

Turns out I didn't have the cloudstack-usage package installed. Strange
that I was seeing those errors.
I will leave it running throughout the day and see if the table is
populated.

While the folder /var/log/cloudstack/usage is created, no files are inside
it. This isn't very surprising as Cloudstack has some very random log
directories, for example /var/log/cloudstack-management is made, but I have
never seen anything in it.

Let me know how you get on,
Marty

Re: CS 4.1 usage server