Posted to women@apache.org by Sulamita Garcia <su...@linuxchix.org.br> on 2005/08/25 13:04:07 UTC

Introduction for Sulamita Garcia

Hi everybody

I'm from Brazil, and I work as a developer for Cyclades, in IT management
devices, Linux embedded. I'm doing some researchs about how to optimaze
some products, and I'm testing replace the old web server for Apache and
PHP support. I need to optimaze and to reduce the size of Apache, choosing
carefully the options and cross compiling. So I think I can learn more
about and contribute with Apache.
Also I'm part of LinuxChix, encharge for LinuxChix Brazil, and here we
have successful increase the number of women in area. We started with a
0.something% of women, and by now you can see about 20% of attendees and
LUG members of women. This week we lauch our own server, where we built a
wiki with a study about women in computers history, our own mail server, a
planet, and online courses, the first one will be about perl. This are our
first step to help those women to become developers, not just users. So I
also have experience in encourage women in FOSS, and I would love to share
and heard from you.
Cheers
--
"A little less conversation, a little more action please"
 °v°  Sulamita Garcia