Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/10 15:29:45 UTC

[shale] clay method binding symbol replacement

As of 20060202 version of clay I cannot specify a method binding as
the value of a symbol.

For example

<element renderId="2" jsfid="commandLink">
  <attributes>
        <set name="action" value="#{@collageColumnAction}" />
        <set name="onclick" value="event.cancelBubble=true;"/>
   </attributes>
   <symbols>
        <set name="collageColumnAction" value="bean.method"/>
   </symbols>
</element>

works, but

<element renderId="2" jsfid="commandLink">
  <attributes>
        <set name="action" value="@collageColumnAction" />
        <set name="onclick" value="event.cancelBubble=true;"/>
   </attributes>
    <symbols>
        <set name="collageColumnAction" value="#{bean.method}"/>
   </symbols>
</element>

does not work.  Is this something that has been fixed post 20060202?
I could have sworn that the symbol replacement was always being done
being setting the attributes on the component.  Maybe the replacement
is failing for in this case.

Thanks,
Ryan