Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ca...@ibs-ag.com on 2013/12/02 16:40:25 UTC

Question about large group membership

Hi,
We have a customer that wants to programmatically maintain a single group of approximately about 80,000 members.
This group will be updated once per day. I realize that this is a non-ideal use of a group, but the requirement is such that a single group must include all employees.

I'll be testing this in the next couple days but are there any special index or cache considerations for the 'member' attribute in this case? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

RE: Question about large group membership

Posted by Ca...@ibs-ag.com.
Ok thanks will let you know if anything comes up..

> We have a customer that wants to programmatically maintain a single
> group of approximately about 80,000 members.

:) good

> This group will be updated once per day. I realize that this is a
> non-ideal use of a group, but the requirement is such that a single
> group must include all employees.
>
> I'll be testing this in the next couple days but are there any special
> index or cache considerations for the 'member' attribute in this case?
> Anything to watch out for?
>
> not any from the top of my head atm, but please let us know if you run
into any issues.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

RE: Question about large group membership

Posted by Ca...@ibs-ag.com.
Ok, single modification got it.  I'll be adding all the values with the operation REPLACE_ATTRIBUTE using connection.modify.. Thanks!

Le 12/2/13 4:45 PM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM, <Ca...@ibs-ag.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> We have a customer that wants to programmatically maintain a single
>> group of approximately about 80,000 members.
>>
> :) good
>
>> This group will be updated once per day. I realize that this is a
>> non-ideal use of a group, but the requirement is such that a single
>> group must include all employees.

be sure to update all the members in one single modify operation.

>> I'll be testing this in the next couple days but are there any
>> special index or cache considerations for the 'member' attribute in this case?
>> Anything to watch out for?
>>
>> not any from the top of my head atm, but please let us know if you
>> run
> into any issues.

I think that it should work. We are using a sub-btree to handle this use case, so it's should be reasonnably fast.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Question about large group membership

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari