Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by "bob.rogers@cigna.com" <bo...@cigna.com> on 2015/04/09 18:21:56 UTC

Reading File System (Good Idea / Bad Idea?)

I want to read a file from the file system and map the contents of the file
to a web service call.  I also have a PDF on the file system that needs to
be used as an attachment in the web service call.  I am wonder from a best
practices standpoint if this is a good idea.  The camel developer I am
working with is totally against reading files from the file system in Camel.
Unfortunaltely the tools used to generate the files can only place them on
the file system.

Re: Reading File System (Good Idea / Bad Idea?)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its maybe better to ask this kind of question on Camel user mailing
list / user forum.
http://camel.apache.org/discussion-forums.html

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:21 PM, bob.rogers@cigna.com
<bo...@cigna.com> wrote:
> I want to read a file from the file system and map the contents of the file
> to a web service call.  I also have a PDF on the file system that needs to
> be used as an attachment in the web service call.  I am wonder from a best
> practices standpoint if this is a good idea.  The camel developer I am
> working with is totally against reading files from the file system in Camel.
> Unfortunaltely the tools used to generate the files can only place them on
> the file system.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com