Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hugo <hu...@geoinformex.com> on 2002/08/30 08:42:35 UTC

jsp file in new directory under webapps not found.

Hi

Eventually I got tomcat to work with apache on my Irix server. The
example jsp files in the tomcat examples directory work fine, but when I
try to run some other jsp examples files in a new directory called
projects (which I made under the webapps directory), I get the following
error:

Not Found (404)
Original request: /projects/jsp/date_and_request.jsp

I have added the projects directory in my tomcat-apache.conf file and in
the servers.xml file with the same options included as for the examples
directory.  After that, I restarted my apache webserver. I can see the
projects directory, but when I try to execute a jsp file, I get the
above error. What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo

--
Dr Hugo Bouckaert
Systems and Programming Engineer

GeoInformatics Exploration Australia P/L
57 Havelock St
West Perth, WA 6005
PO Box 1675, West Perth 6872

Ph:       61 08 9420 7400
Fax:      61 08 9226 1299

www.geoinformex.com

This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
for your cooperation.