Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/11/21 15:00:47 UTC

Re: TransformationExceptions

>How do I debug a TransformationException?

First, look at the exception's message field; that will generally provide
some indication of what failed.

If that isn't enough, "unwrap" the exception to get details on where the
failure occurred. If you're using the Process (command-line) driver for
Xalan, you can add the -DIAG option to request this detailed reporting; if
you're calling Xalan's APIs, look at Process's source code for an
illustration of how to obtain that information.

If that still doesn't provide enough information, post the details of the
exception's message, stack trace, and what you were trying to do --
preferably with a minimal example that we can use to reproduce the problem
-- and we'll try to provide guidance.

______________________________________
Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research

RE: Tomcat 4.1.12 upgrade causes ApplyXSLT FileNotFoundException

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Travis --

Are you connecting from your browser to a proxy server?  If so, the
servlet is retrieving the port on which the proxy server is listening,
not the one that you specified in your original request.

You can configure Tomcat with the proxyPort attribute on the Connector
element.  Simply set it to "8080" and all should work.

HTH,
Gary

anscripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml&xslURL=/xslt/stylesheets/tib_and_eng.
xsl&debug=true&test=Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml

This url works:
http://mayor.lib.Virginia.EDU:8080/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14
.xml
This url doesn't work:
http://mayor.lib.Virginia.EDU:80/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.x
ml

Here is the Servlet Exception:

HTTP Status 404 -
<B>http://mayor.lib.Virginia.EDU:80/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron1
4.xml
<BR>getDocument() resulted in ApplyXSLTException <BR>debug is true
<BR>Parsing XML Document from request parameter:
http://mayor.lib.Virginia.EDU:80/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.x
ml
<BR></B> <BR> <PRE> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://mayor.lib.Virginia.EDU:80/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.x
ml
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnec
tion.java:573)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:793) at
servlet.ApplyXSLT.getDocument(ApplyXSLT.java:493) at
servlet.ApplyXSLT.process(ApplyXSLT.java:316) at
servlet.ApplyXSLT.doGet(ApplyXSLT.java:270) at
...clip... Apache Tomcat/4.1.12

Even including the host in the parameters causes it to look for the
files through port 80.
http://mayor.lib.virginia.edu:8080/xslt/transform?URL=http://mayor.lib.v
irginia.edu:8080/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml&xslURL=http:/
/mayor.lib.virginia.edu:8080/xslt/stylesheets/tib_and_eng.xsl&debug=true
&test=Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml

The files are accessible through Apache if I change the path to
include ~my-name in the URL but I shouldn't have to do that. Any
ideas?

Travis McCauley
Tibetan and Himalayan Digital Library (http://thdl.org) University of
Virginia

Tomcat 4.1.12 upgrade causes ApplyXSLT FileNotFoundException

Posted by Travis McCauley <tw...@virginia.edu>.
Hello,

http://mayor.lib.virginia.edu:8080/xslt/transform?URL=http://mayor.lib.virginia.edu:8080/xslt/transcripts/Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml&xslURL=http://mayor.lib.virginia.edu:8080/xslt/stylesheets/tib_and_eng.xsl&debug=true&test=Dad_Scolds_Purdron14.xml