Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 12:38:53 UTC

how to create random alpha numeric values

Hi All

  In  my application  i have to  pass alpha numeric values  to a variable in
a http request  ( randomly)

  Can anyone assist me in  how to create  alpha numeric  values in jmeter

Rgds

Sudheer

Re: how to create random alpha numeric values

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
You could use a beanshell pre-processor to generate on the fly and inject it into the HTTP request. Beanshell can pretty much execute arbitrary jave code, so:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41107/how-to-generate-a-random-alpha-numeric-string-in-java
http://guruscode.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/random_alphanumeric_value_generator/

Regards,
Noel