Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Trunick <Jo...@SmartPrice.com> on 2003/03/12 22:52:30 UTC

Turn off logging?

I'm using Java 1.2.2, Tapestry 2.3, and Weblogic 5.1 (not using a .war).

What is the correct way to turn off logging? Thru the log4j.properties file?
Does it have to be in the classpath or where, or is there a -D switch? I
didn't see anything in the documentation about changing logging.

Joel

RE: Turn off logging?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
Tapestry uses Jakarta commons-logging, which is a kind of bridge to any
number of logging mechanisms.  You probably don't have log4j in your
classpath, and commons-logging punishes you by spewing out all sorts of
logging info, without filters.  Put log4j, and log4j.properties, in your
classpath.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components