Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 21:39:56 UTC

M2-Job: mvn clean install site chicken egg problem for multi-module project

Hello everybody,

for a fresh multi-module maven project, invoking "clean install site"
will not suceed, as "site" in the parent will fail due to missing
javadoc parts from the modules, see:
http://huschteguzzel.de/hudson/job/testlink-junit/14/console (the
project may be found at https://github.com/1and1/testlink-junit/)
--- snip ---
mavenExecutionResult exceptions not empty
message : Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0:site (default-site) on
project tljunit-parent: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin
cause : failed to get report for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin
Stack trace :
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0:site
(default-site) on project tljunit-parent: failed to get report for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
--- snap ---

I have to:
- execute "clean install" once and change it back to "clean install site" or
- execute "clean install" in the M2 configuration and add a Maven
"Post Step" "site" (this however will of course not show up in the
"Executed Mojo" section.

With a freestyle project this is not a biggy as I could just configure
two Maven steps.

This is of course consistent with the execution on command line, when
the project was never installed before:
"mvn clean install site" will fail and I have to fall back to
something like: "mvn clean install ; mvn site"

I think with CruiseControl invoking multiple, serial executions of
Maven were available by separating the phases by a pipe (|) symbol.

Does anyone know a solution for this chicken egg problem in Jenkins
(or on the command line)?

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/

Re: M2-Job: mvn clean install site chicken egg problem for multi-module project

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stephen,

@jenkins-users: Thanks for your answer. I tried that, unfortunately it
will not work for M2-jobs but only for the Maven-Step of a freestyle
project.

@maven-users: However, the problem in this project now seems to be
solved by updating maven-javadoc-plugin to the just released 2.8.1 :-)

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/