Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by trlt <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 05:32:27 UTC

multiple jQuery libraries in Wicket 6

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade my wicket application from 1.5.10 to 6.14.0.
One of my wicket pages has a component that is generated by someone else
which still runs on jQuery 1.4.4 (and there, jQuery 1.4.4 library is
included in the header). Including jQuery 1.4.4 breaks my Wicket Ajax links
on the page.

My understanding is that Wicket 6 only supports jQuery 1.7+, but given this
component is out of my control, is it possible to include both jQuery
libraries on the same page, more specially, with one of the libraries that's
no longer supported by Wicket 6?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: multiple jQuery libraries in Wicket 6

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'm afraid this won't be possible.
To use two versions of jQuery you will need to call "var myJQuery =
jQuery.noConflict() on one of them. But wicket-ajax-jquery.js expects
window.jQuery to be available so you will need to call .noConflict() on
jQuery 1.4.4, but since it is not in your control then this is not possible

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting