Posted to user@uima.apache.org by ashish mahale <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 17:21:17 UTC

UIMA source build

Hello Friends....

I am a novice to UIMA....
I am building UIMA from the source code. As per the instructions listed on
the Apache-UIMA website I installed maven, did the initial source build from
the command line. Upto this point everything went fine....

The next thing I did was building UIMA from eclipse; for that I installed
subclipse plugin for eclipse and set up the svn repository path to point to
the trunk of uima projects. The projects were imported successfully in my
workspace.Now I want to build them as Java projects. For that I changed to
the uimaj project directory and executed the mvn eclipse:eclipse command. At
this point I get a build error message. The exact message is as given below.

[INFO] Building Apache UIMA Java Framework Core
[INFO]    task-segment: [eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.uima:uimaj-test-util:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
upd
ates from eclipsePlugins
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/org/apache/uima/uimaj-test-util/2.3.
0-SNAPSHOT/uimaj-test-util-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.uima:uimaj-test-util:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.uima-DartifactId=uimaj-test
-util \
          -Dversion=2.3.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.uima-DartifactId=uimaj-test-uti
l \
          -Dversion=2.3.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.uima:uimaj-core:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.uima:uimaj-test-util:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.uima:uimaj-core:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  eclipsePlugins (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse)

I tried to get the file from

http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/org/apache/uima/uimaj-test-util/2.3.
0-SNAPSHOT/uimaj-test-util-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

but the path is invalid.... can u tell me where to lookout for these missing
dependencies or were I am going wrong....

Thanks in advance....
Regards,

Ashish

Re: UIMA source build

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Hi Ashish,

the uimaj-test-util jar is built and deployed to
you local maven repository during mvn install.  So
if that goes through successfully, you should have
it and mvn eclipse:eclipse should succeed.

Check your local maven repository for the uima
artifacts it contains.

--Thilo

Re: UIMA source build

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi -

Can you say a bit more detail?  From this note it seems you were able to:

-do "mvn install" on the uimaj project (cd to ..../uimaj   and then run
mvn install, is that right?)

When you say the issue starts after the "mvn eclipse:eclipse" command -
does that command work and the issue is you can't build from Eclipse, or
is the issue that the mvn eclipse:eclipse command doesn't work?  If it's
the latter, does it give the error output you previously posted?

Were there any issues when you downloaded maven and ran it the first
time?  Did you download maven 2.0.7? Are you running on Windows or Linux
or ??

Thanks.  -Marshall

Re: UIMA source build

Posted by ashish mahale <as...@yahoo.com>.