Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Neubert Joachim <J....@zbw.eu> on 2013/06/22 15:12:26 UTC

text:map with multiple properties

I could not manage to get multiple properties indexed in one index. If, in config-tdb-text.ttl (#31), I change

     text:map (
          # rdfs:label
          [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
+         # dc:title
+         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
          ) .

the titles in books.ttl get indexed. However, if I change it to

     text:map (
+         # dc:title
+         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
          # rdfs:label
          [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
          ) .

I get
  textindexer          :: 0 (0 per second)properties indexed

so obviously only the last statement take effect. Changing the whole thing to

     text:map (
          [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title, rdfs:label ]
          ) .

did not help either.

I suppose that the prior syntax worked once because of an example in https://code.google.com/p/onki-light/wiki/InstallFusekiJenaText

Is there another way to index multiple properties into one index?

Cheers, Joachim

Re: AW: text:map with multiple properties

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 23/06/13 06:22, Neubert Joachim wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thank you for the encouragement, I've filed suggestions for documentation improvement in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-476 .

Thank you!

	Andy

Posted by Neubert Joachim <J....@zbw.eu>.
Hi Andy,

Thank you for the encouragement, I've filed suggestions for documentation improvement in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-476 .

Cheers, Joachim

On 22/06/13 14:12, Neubert Joachim wrote:
> I could not manage to get multiple properties indexed in one index.
> If, in config-tdb-text.ttl (#31), I change
>
>       text:map (
>            # rdfs:label
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
> +         # dc:title
> +         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
>            ) .
>
> the titles in books.ttl get indexed. However, if I change it to
>
>       text:map (
> +         # dc:title
> +         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
>            # rdfs:label
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
>            ) .
>
> I get
>    textindexer          :: 0 (0 per second)properties indexed
>
> so obviously only the last statement take effect. Changing the whole
> thing to
>
>       text:map (
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title, rdfs:label ]
>            ) .
>
> did not help either.
>
> I suppose that the prior syntax worked once because of an example in
https://code.google.com/p/onki-light/wiki/InstallFusekiJenaText

It should work ... it's mainly the indexer getting it wrong so that example must be loading through the data upload.

In making it work, I found another problem.  With multiple predicates on the primary field, it does not know what the primary predicate is.

Fix(es) in progress.

> Is there another way to index multiple properties into one index?

There will be soon ...

> Cheers, Joachim

	Andy

Re: text:map with multiple properties

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 22/06/13 14:12, Neubert Joachim wrote:
> I could not manage to get multiple properties indexed in one index. If, in config-tdb-text.ttl (#31), I change
>
>       text:map (
>            # rdfs:label
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
> +         # dc:title
> +         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
>            ) .
>
> the titles in books.ttl get indexed. However, if I change it to
>
>       text:map (
> +         # dc:title
> +         [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title ]
>            # rdfs:label
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate rdfs:label ]
>            ) .
>
> I get
>    textindexer          :: 0 (0 per second)properties indexed
>
> so obviously only the last statement take effect. Changing the whole thing to
>
>       text:map (
>            [ text:field "text" ; text:predicate dc:title, rdfs:label ]
>            ) .
>
> did not help either.
>
> I suppose that the prior syntax worked once because of an example in
https://code.google.com/p/onki-light/wiki/InstallFusekiJenaText

It should work ... it's mainly the indexer getting it wrong so that
example must be loading through the data upload.

In making it work, I found another problem.  With multiple predicates on
the primary field, it does not know what the primary predicate is.

Fix(es) in progress.

> Is there another way to index multiple properties into one index?

There will be soon ...

> Cheers, Joachim

	Andy