Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yiping Zhang <yi...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/28 20:09:48 UTC

CloudStack affinity group and vSphere DRS

Hi, All:

I started playing with vSphere 6.5 hypervisors under ACS 4.11.2.0 in our lab and have some questions on this set up.

According to release notes, VMware DRS support in CloudStack was added in ACS 4.4.4 (here: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.4.4/about.html#vmware-support-for-drs).  However,  in my CPU load tests,  VM instances are moved around by DRS in violation of CloudStack anti-host affinity group assignment for these VM instances.

Did I configure it wrong or missed some step?  If anyone else are using these features, please share your experiences.

Thanks

Yiping

Re: CloudStack affinity group and vSphere DRS

Posted by Yiping Zhang <yi...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Andrija,

It sure would be nice if CloudStack's anti-host affinity group could be mapped to vSphere's corresponding native affinity rules, or any hypervisor's such native features if available, for a better integration and experience.

Regards,
Yiping

On 3/28/19, 1:34 PM, "Andrija Panic" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Yiping,

    unless I'm mistaken, CloudStack should have nothing to do with DRS - it
    only initially chooses the host to which to deploy a VM to, but later
    VMware DRS can kick in and move it on it's own.

    Cheers,
    Andrija

    --

    Andrija Panić

Re: CloudStack affinity group and vSphere DRS

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yiping,

--

Andrija Panić