Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2011/03/16 14:28:52 UTC

Re: causes of Unexpected property type: 1 (qpid/framing/AMQHeaderBody.cpp:40)

On 03/14/2011 03:55 PM, David Hawthorne wrote:
> Unexpected property type: 1 (qpid/framing/AMQHeaderBody.cpp:40)
>
> We're seeing a lot of these in our qpid server log recently, and I'm wondering if this might be because our clients are on 64-bit platforms whereas the server is on a 32-bit platform.  Googling doesn't come up with any results for this error message at all, outside of the svn commits.  Server and client versions are 0.6.  Looks like 0.8 has the same AMQHeaderBody::decode function as 0.6, but it does have this note right above it:              // TODO: should just skip&  keep for later dispatch.  Does that mean that this message is being dropped?

Can you reproduce this on 0.8? If so raise a JIRA for it. If possible include
code for a test client that will reproduce the error. Indicate what to run on 64
bit vs. 32. The header encoding is supposed to be the same for 32/64 bit but it
is possible this is a bug there.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org