Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Safa Hussain <sm...@ucdavis.edu> on 2002/07/12 17:16:57 UTC

Help with importing new fonts

 Hello everyone,

I used the following step to import an OCR font

1. took an OCR ttf font that I downloaded and installed into the Windows fonts library

2. generated the font metrics file

3. described new font in userconfig.xml

When I run fop online it does not recognize the existence of the OCR font. I get the following error message. Any help is greatly appreciated.

C:\FOP\fop-0.20.4rc>fop -c conf/userconfig.xml docs\examples\fo\fonts.fo test.pd

C:\FOP\fop-0.20.4rc>java -cp build\fop.jar;lib\batik.jar;lib\xalan-2.3.1.jar;lib
\xercesImpl-2.0.1.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\avalon-framework-cvs-20020315.jar;lib
\logkit-1.0.jar;lib\jimi-1.0.jar org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c conf/userconfig.xml
docs\examples\fo\fonts.fo test.pdf
[INFO] FOP 0.20.4rc
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] [1]
[ERROR] unknown font OCR,normal,normal so defaulted font to any
[ERROR] unknown font OCR,normal,normal so defaulted font to any
[ERROR] unknown font OCR,normal,normal so defaulted font to any
[INFO] Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer

Safa Hussain - Lead Application Developer
Applications Development, IET-Communication Resources
University of California, Davis
Voice: (530) 754-7285
email: smhussain@ucdavis.edu

Re: Help with importing new fonts

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Safa Hussain wrote:
> When I run fop online it does not recognize the existence of the OCR
> font. I get the following error message. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> [ERROR] unknown font OCR,normal,normal so defaulted font to any

You have to have a declaration like
in the usserconfig.xml. The names are case sensitive.

J.Pietschmann