Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matthias Nothhaft <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/22 15:35:38 UTC

per-db reader access control lists

Hi,

is there (updates) docs somewhere so I can learn how to setup per-db reader
ACLs?

I would like to setup couch db so that I can grant access to databases to
individual users so no "normal" user can access other databases.
A user should only be allowed to access (read/write) "his" database.

regards,
Matthias

Re: per-db reader access control lists

Posted by Kacper Bielecki <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2010/4/22 Matthias Nothhaft <ma...@googlemail.com>

> Hi,
>
> is there (updates) docs somewhere so I can learn how to setup per-db reader
> ACLs?
>
> I would like to setup couch db so that I can grant access to databases to
> individual users so no "normal" user can access other databases.
> A user should only be allowed to access (read/write) "his" database.

Take a look here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201004.mbox/%3Cg2sf39928a61004151503q46aebc25lf1718a670c1ba583@mail.gmail.com%3E.

You can limit access with futon (or look at futon code to implement this in
your application).

Regards,
Kacper Bielecki