Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Wall <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 21:25:50 UTC

Running on Windows

I have installed maven-1.0-RC1.exe on my Windows2000
computer, but I cannot get it to build someone else's
project.  I have spent all day reading the
documentation and mailing lists, and still can't fix
my problem.  The error I get is "This build cannot
continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependencies" and then a list of the dependency jars
from project.xml.  My JAVA_HOME is set.  MAVEN_HOME is
set to c:\maven-1.0-RC1.  I ran
%MAVEN_HOME%\bin\install_repo.bat several times,
putting it in
%MAVEN_HOME%\repository,
%HOME%\.maven\repository,
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.maven\repository
and  c:\repository.  All successfully downloaded the
jars.  I tried setting %MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL% to
%MAVEN_HOME%\repository and ran maven.  I got the
following message:
c:\maven-1.0-RC1\repository\repository does not exist.
 Maven then created it, but I still get the
unsatisified dependencies error.  I tried setting
%MAVEN_REPO%, but that didn't help either.  What am I
doing wrong?  Thanks for the help.

mjwall

Re: Running on Windows

Posted by Michael Wall <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Nevermind, I guess all banging my head all day made me
dizzy.  project.properties had
maven.mode.online=false.  I had also set
maven.repo.local = ${maven.repo.local}\repository
which is why it created
c:\maven-1.0-RC1\repository\repository when I set
%MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL%=%MAVEN_HOME%\repository.  Sorry for
wasting your time.

mjwall