Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by Jon Derrick <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/12 07:10:47 UTC

Single writer and fencing

Hello all,

If I understand correctly, the fencing mechanism (aka single-writer) is
offered in distributedlog-core library. but the write proxy service doesn't
offer such feature.

I am wondering if there is any plan on adding fencing mechanism to write
proxy. Is it in the roadmap of 0.4.0?

--
- jderrick

Re: Single writer and fencing

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.
We had discussed about this feature internally at Twitter before. But we
haven't got the chance to implement this.

I listed it in the 'Project Ideas' page -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DL/Project+Ideas

If you are interested in this feature, would you like to contribute?

- Sijie