Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com> on 2005/11/17 13:53:57 UTC

Adding or removing components in page on submit

T3 question:

I have several pages where I have the following problem:

When i select a value in a dropdown, it should change the form on the
page by adding an input field, or removing some other input fields. But
if I do this without redirecting, I get stale link exceptions because
tapestry doesn't have control over the components on the page any more.

Is there another solution than making the needed page properties
persistent and redirecting when the number of components on the page
changes on submit?

Cheers

Inge

Re: Adding or removing components in page on submit

Posted by Inge Solvoll <ta...@ingenett.com>.
That might be a solution for some cases, yes.

This is my actual problem, more specific: I have a dropdown with the
values 1 to 50. If the user selects 30, there should be 30 text input
fields on the page.

This, I think, cannot be solved by an if/else test like FormConditional,
because it performs iteration based on a dropdown value. And tapestry
throws an exception when it finds that the number of input elements does
not match the internal list anymore...

Inge

Posted by Pedro Abelleira Seco <pe...@usc.es>.