Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Graeme Ing <gr...@inclue.com> on 2006/03/09 00:29:58 UTC

FW: Xerces remapping &#xxxx;

Hello all,

I’m using Xerces 2.7 and I’m trying to parse the following snippet from my XML file:

<title>Junk Mail - just how &#8220;heavy&#8221; a problem is it?</title>

The xml header/encoding on the file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

When I parse this and walk the DOM and extract the contents of this title node, I get back:

Junk Mail - just how “heavy” a problem is it?

Where the special characters are decimal 30,128,100 and 30,128,99

Why is Xerces interpreting the &#xxxx; codes and more importantly, how do I stop it? :-)

Here is my Xerces setup code:

      m_parser = new XercesDOMParser();

      m_parser->setValidationScheme( XercesDOMParser::Val_Never );

      m_parser->setDoNamespaces( false );

      m_parser->setDoSchema( false );

      m_errorHandler = (ErrorHandler*) new HandlerBase();

      m_parser->setErrorHandler( m_errorHandler );

Hope someone can help, thanks a lot!!

Graeme Ing

Re: FW: Xerces remapping &#xxxx;

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Graeme Ing wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I’m using Xerces 2.7 and I’m trying to parse the following snippet from
> my XML file:
>

> <title>Junk Mail - just how &#8220;heavy&#8221; a problem is it?</title>
>

> The xml header/encoding on the file is:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>

> When I parse this and walk the DOM and extract the contents of this
> title node, I get back:
>

> Junk Mail - just how “heavy” a problem is it?

This is a question for the Xerces-C list, not for the Xalan-C list.

Dave