Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by RKalaria <ra...@in2m.com> on 2008/10/22 08:20:15 UTC

URGENT !!! Problem in load testing when using database (oracle) as a data store

Hi ServiceMix guys,

        We have following configuration for bean and camel core pool size
and maximum pool size.

        # Configuring servicemix bean Thread and queue pool sizes
        servicemix.bean.corePoolSize            = 200
        servicemix.bean.maximumPoolSize    = 200
        servicemix.bean.queueSize                = 256

        # Configuring servicemix camel Thread and queue pool sizes
        servicemix.camel.corePoolSize          = 175
        servicemix.camel.maximumPoolSize = 175
        servicemix.camel.queueSize               = 256

      Note : We kept these configurations because the default configuration
was not working for our requirements.

      Load testing criteria : Hit 100 parallel requests with 1000 total
requests with above configurations.

      When ActiveMQ is configured to use filesystem as data store :
          Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it was
working fine.
      When ActiveMQ is configured to use database (oracle) as data store :
          Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it is
hanging after around 200 requests and getting time out error.

       Question/Clarificatins :
          1. Is there any performance issue when we use database as a
activemq data store ?
          2. What is the best :  filesystem vs database (oracle) as a
activemq data store and why ?

       Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

Re: URGENT !!! Problem in load testing when using database (oracle) as a data store

Posted by "Lukasz Dywicki (splatch)" <l....@pocztowy.pl>.
I haven't add - please try do the same test on other database. This can be
Oracle JDBC driver issue, try other system to be sure is that Active MQ
datastore error.

Regards,
Luke

Lukasz Dywicki (splatch) wrote:

> Hello,
> I have tested Service Mix sample web services for load some time ago. I
> used PostgreSQL as data store and I had no any problems. Database store
> for one broker was faster than filesystem. I used default thread pool.
> Queries sent by 2 thread groups (2x10 threads), 600 times. I used also 50
> threads (in 5 groups) and I haven't any errors in processing exchange.
>

> RKalaria wrote:
>>
>> Hi ServiceMix guys,
>>
>>         We have following configuration for bean and camel core pool size
>> and maximum pool size.
>>
>>         # Configuring servicemix bean Thread and queue pool sizes
>>         servicemix.bean.corePoolSize            = 200
>>         servicemix.bean.maximumPoolSize    = 200
>>         servicemix.bean.queueSize                = 256
>>
>>         # Configuring servicemix camel Thread and queue pool sizes
>>         servicemix.camel.corePoolSize          = 175
>>         servicemix.camel.maximumPoolSize = 175
>>         servicemix.camel.queueSize               = 256
>>
>>       Note : We kept these configurations because the default
>> configuration was not working for our requirements.
>>
>>       Load testing criteria : Hit 100 parallel requests with 1000 total
>> requests with above configurations.
>>
>>       When ActiveMQ is configured to use filesystem as data store :
>>           Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it was
>> working fine.
>>       When ActiveMQ is configured to use database (oracle) as data store
>> :
>>           Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it is
>> hanging after around 200 requests and getting time out error.
>>
>>        Question/Clarificatins :
>>           1. Is there any performance issue when we use database as a
>> activemq data store ?
>>           2. What is the best :  filesystem vs database (oracle) as a
>> activemq data store and why ?
>>
>>        Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Rajesh

-----
Lukasz Dywicki,
Integration Developer
http://blog.dywicki.pl/

Re: URGENT !!! Problem in load testing when using database (oracle) as a data store

Posted by "Lukasz Dywicki (splatch)" <l....@pocztowy.pl>.
Hello,

RKalaria wrote:

> Hi ServiceMix guys,
>
>         We have following configuration for bean and camel core pool size
> and maximum pool size.
>
>         # Configuring servicemix bean Thread and queue pool sizes
>         servicemix.bean.corePoolSize            = 200
>         servicemix.bean.maximumPoolSize    = 200
>         servicemix.bean.queueSize                = 256
>
>         # Configuring servicemix camel Thread and queue pool sizes
>         servicemix.camel.corePoolSize          = 175
>         servicemix.camel.maximumPoolSize = 175
>         servicemix.camel.queueSize               = 256
>
>       Note : We kept these configurations because the default
> configuration was not working for our requirements.
>
>       Load testing criteria : Hit 100 parallel requests with 1000 total
> requests with above configurations.
>
>       When ActiveMQ is configured to use filesystem as data store :
>           Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it was
> working fine.
>       When ActiveMQ is configured to use database (oracle) as data store :
>           Tried load testing with above load testing criteria, and it is
> hanging after around 200 requests and getting time out error.
>
>        Question/Clarificatins :
>           1. Is there any performance issue when we use database as a
> activemq data store ?
>           2. What is the best :  filesystem vs database (oracle) as a
> activemq data store and why ?
>
>        Thanks in advance.
>
> Rajesh

-----