Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org> on 2019/06/30 08:47:34 UTC

Re: New services for SINGA (Mentors help needed)

Dear Alan,

Can we create the new git repository incubator-singa-site ?

Thank you,
Moaz

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.
I think there is no need to keep both the code and the website
documentation in one repository.

The website build script can perform "git clone" on the incubator-singa
repository to get both the Python code for the API and the C++ for Doxygen.

Moaz

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Hi Moaz,

Thanks.
Pls check my comments below.

Regards,
Wei

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 10:51 PM Moaz Reyad <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wei,
>
> Yes, the repo is : https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site
>
> It can be updated using the standard git commands:
>
> git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site.git
> git commit
> and so on...
>
> However, we still did not ask INFRA to update the pubsub to use git instead
> of svn. So now the old SVN repository is still active and the new git
> repository is not yet connected to the website (singa.apache.org).
>
> We should create a ticket similar to this one:

 Ok. I will do it.

> and specify a git branch and a folder in the repo (
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site) to be used as the main
> folder of the website.
>
> For instance, may be we use the master branch to store the "source code" of
> the website, and use another branch such as "asf-site" to contain the
> actual built website after running Sphinx site build script. Currently, the
> source code of the website is at this folder in the original git repo:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/tree/master/doc, and the master
> branch of https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa-site contains the
> built
> website.

Since Sphinx needs the source Python code to generate the API, I think it
would be good to put the documentation files in the
https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-singa/tree/master/doc>.

> We can complicate it further by using other git branches in
> incubator-singa-site for different versions (1.0.0, 2.0.0, ..) and
> different languages (Chinese, Korean, ..). Then the site build script
> (build.sh) can be updated to perform "git clone" on them and build all of
> them, and finally push them to the asf-site branch.

I agree that it would be good to have a branch for storing the html files
of each version .

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wei,

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Hi Moaz,

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Thanks, Moaz!

Posted by Moaz Reyad <mo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
I’m out on vacation and won’t be back until July 9th. I’ll be happy to do it then if one of the other mentors doesn’t get to it first.