Posted to user@struts.apache.org by de...@wachovia.com on 2004/04/27 22:19:58 UTC

Struts 1.1 incompatible with Websphere 4.0?

I had some difficulty deploying my 1.1 app to WS 4.0, so I ran a quick
little test by deploying the 1.1 and 1.0 struts-example.war.  The 1.0
version deploys/runs fine, but the 1.1 fails with the following error. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Dennis

--
[04.04.27 16:12:07:693 EDT] 6bedde77 ServletInstan X SRVE0100E: Did not
realize  init() exception thrown by servlet action:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/xml/parsers/SAXParser.getXMLReader
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManager.java:817)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:137)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:243)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:103)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.init(ServletManager.java:388)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletManager.addServlet(ServletManager.java:84)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadServlet(WebAppServletManager.java:226)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppServletManager.loadAutoLoadServlets(WebAppServletManager.java:357)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebApp.loadServletManager(WebApp.java:1001)
        at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebApp.init(WebApp.java:133)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebGroup.loadWebApp(WebGroup.java:234)
        at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebGroup.init(WebGroup.java:139)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.ServletEngine.addWebApplication(ServletEngine.java:633)
        at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WebContainer.install(WebContainer.java:36)
        at com.ibm.ws.runtime.Server.startModule(Server.java:615)
        at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.StandardServer.initializeModules(StandardServer.java:333)
        at
com.ibm.ws.runtime.StandardServer.initializeRuntime0(StandardServer.java:349)
        at com.ibm.ws.runtime.Server.initializeRuntime(Server.java:882)
        at com.ibm.ws.runtime.StandardServer.main(StandardServer.java:519)
        at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:158)

[04.04.27 16:12:07:740 EDT] 6bedde77 WebGroup      X Servlet
Error-[action]: Failed to load servlet: java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
javax/xml/parsers/SAXParser.getXMLReader
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:902)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
        at org.apache.struts
.action.ActionServlet.initServlet(ActionServlet.java:1433)
        at org.apache.struts
.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:466)

Pattern for going forward-back to other page (and remember it)

Posted by dion <d1...@hotpop.com>.
Hi,
I have a search page for displaying items based on criterias.

In the upper side is the search criterias, i.e product id,
product name, product type, vendor, etc. Let's say user fill the
product type = electronics.

In the lower side is the search result.
In the search result, user can click the a link (product id link)
which will bring user to product detail page.

Now the issue is.. I'd like to enable user to go back to the
previous screen, which is the search result page, but not by using
back button, other requirement is that the search result page will
display the previous criterias (i.e product type = electronics in
my example...).

Is there any pattern (if any, what's the name btw), especially in
Struts, for achieving this?
So far, i'm implementing by creating another form which consists
duplication of input type in the search criterias form, which will
be submitted by javascript's submit when use click the product id
link, but I feel that there should be another way.

The problem with that approach is that in some situtino I have yet another
link in the 2nd page (in this example, there is another link in
product detail page, let's say vendor page), and same with previous
one, if user click the vendor detail page, the requirement is that
when user goes back to product detail page again, then goes to product
search page again, the same search criteias are still there.

so basically it's something like this:
product search (with criterias ABC) -> product detail -> vendor detail
vendor detail -> product detail -> product search (with the same
vendor detail -> criterias ABC).

any suggestion or information is very much appreciated.

regards,
dion