Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Binod Garg <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/19 12:00:20 UTC

Getting arial font on PDF.

Hi ,
 I want the PDF to render the font in Arial font. However when I am
specifying font-family:Arial , then I am not getting the fonts in Arial.
When I give it as font-family:Helvetica , then I am getting the fonts in
arial. This is as per behaviour mentioned at
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#Base-14+Fonts . Can
someone please explain me the reason of such behaviour. Can't I get the
fonts as Arial by specifying font-family:Arial .

Thanks,
Binod

Re: Getting arial font on PDF.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
You can't just use any font. By default, only the base 14 fonts are
available. If you want to use additional fonts, you have to configure
them as described in http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/latest/fonts.html.
In the simplest case, you just use the <auto-detect/> element to let FOP
use all fonts available from your operating system.

HTH

On 19.12.2008 12:00:20 Binod Garg wrote:
> Hi ,
>  I want the PDF to render the font in Arial font. However when I am
> specifying font-family:Arial , then I am not getting the fonts in Arial.
> When I give it as font-family:Helvetica , then I am getting the fonts in
> arial. This is as per behaviour mentioned at
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#Base-14+Fonts . Can
> someone please explain me the reason of such behaviour. Can't I get the
> fonts as Arial by specifying font-family:Arial .
>

> Thanks,
> Binod

Jeremias Maerki