Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Bert Coessens <Be...@esat.kuleuven.ac.be> on 2002/05/30 17:01:48 UTC

general question

Dear all,

According to the J2EE guidelines web applications should always be
cleanly seperated.
Since a soap server is in itself a web application deployed on a tomcat
server, it is not a good idea to put all your service classes in the
WEB-INF/classes directory of the soap webapp.
So I put them where they belong, ie in the directory of the webapp they
belong to. But where do I deploy them as a web service. On
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter or on the rpcrouter of my
web application (which is in my case http://localhost:8080/maran/rpcrouter)?
I tried both, the first with succes, the last without...
Can anybody give me a hint on what to do when deploying services on the
soap server while the service class being elsewhere or on deploying the
service on the application itself (which then plays the role of soap
server for its own services) and putting the service class between the
other servlet classes of the application.

Thanks in advance,

Bert

RE: general question

Posted by Erich Izdepski <ei...@cysive.com>.
Your service classes need to be in the same webapp as the rpcrouter that is
using them. Deploy them to the correct servlet context (maran). Or, if you
have them all deployed to the soap webapp already and they are working, just
copy DeployedServices.ds to the maran context and re-start the server.

Is anything working in your maran context? You may want to verify the
servlet-mapping in your web.xml file it. Based on the url you provided
below, it should be:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>rpcrouter</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/rpcrouter</url-pattern>