Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jaime Almeida <22...@alunos.isel.ipl.pt> on 2007/10/04 21:05:04 UTC

I need help as soon as possible..

Hello.
I'm Jaime Almeida, a portuguese student and I've a big problem with the
tomcat6.0 server - it doesn't start. I've already reinstalled it and
nothing, always the same error:
'The archive: C:/Program Files/Tomcat 6.0/bin/bootstrap.jar which is
referenced by the classpath, does not exist.'
But that's not truth, because I've checked the refered folder and I have the
bootstrap.jar file in there, that's why I don't understand the problem.
Do you have any idea what could be - why this happens?
Please help me as soon as possible because my Final Project is depending on
it.
Best regards,
Jaime Almeida.

Re: I need help as soon as possible..

Posted by Mark Deneen <md...@gmail.com>.
I doubt this is it, but I would avoid installing tomcat into a
directory containing spaces.  It may be looking for the jar file in
"c:\Program"

Mark

Posted by Jaime Almeida <22...@alunos.isel.ipl.pt>.
Ok.
I'll follow your instructions and I'll see what I can get with it.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Jaime Almeida.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.