Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ernesto Guevara <eg...@ing.puc.cl> on 2002/12/11 14:06:26 UTC

testing axis with tomcat and 100 concurrent users

I am doing some testing with concurrency in axis with tomcat, under RH Linux
7.3
I created a client with multithreads to test with 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100
concurrent calls.
The service is a small app running in a server.
Client runs in a differente machine, inside a LAN.
It just doesn�t work with 100 clients, calls receive an error for connection
time exceded in the client.
But I can not see anything in the log for tomcat, how can I know what
happended exactly?

thanx

--
Ernesto A. Guevara
Departamento de Ciencia de la Computaci�n Pontificia Universidad Cat�lica de

Re: testing axis with tomcat and 100 concurrent users

Posted by Barry Levinson <ba...@levinson.us>.
coyoteConnector seems to just be the new name for HttpConnector
(different in different tomcat 4.x versions).

hmm...if it works the first time through, maybe the clients aren't
letting go of their connections.

You might want to try running "netstat -an" and seeing how many active
connections you have.  Also, check your clients.  See if they correctly
close and reopen HTTP connections to Tomcat.

You may also want to run Ethereal (or some other packet sniffer), and
see whats going on at a connection level.

Of course, it may be something more complicated than the connection to
tomcat, but that might be the best place to start.

Other suggestions :
    -you could try increasing Tomcats logging (don't know how exactly)
    -you can start tomcat in JPDA mode, and connect a JPDA debugger (I
highly recomend IntelliJ IDEA, comes with debugger).  Instead of
 $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start, run
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh jpda start).

Good luck,

--Barry

Posted by Ernesto Guevara <eg...@ing.puc.cl>.
Hi: