Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com> on 2016/11/12 21:22:44 UTC

Looking for volunteers to help with the website

Hey all,

As we are gearing up for the 4.8 release, I want to make sure our website
reflects that and has all the latest info about the new release, change
notes, mailing lists, github, etc.

It's been a long time since I did anything there, but Wyatt, Prescott and
Stefan should have all the details.

I'm hoping for a volunteer or two to help us make this happen.. any takers?

Cheers,

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

RE: Looking for volunteers to help with the website

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
Been a while since we discussed the webpage redesign. Gathering my old thoughts:

The apache CMS publishes static pages, so again, mostly html/css work here.

The logo SO (I think) paid for a 99desings logo design, I think were happy with that.

The current website http://lucenenet.apache.org/, was perhaps overly ambitious in all of the sub pages off that main navigation bar, the reality is that most of those pages are unchanging and links to other resources.

My thoughts were to move this to maybe a single core page, that consolidates the various tabs, in that single page flow that is currently in vogue.

The main page would have news, with a 'more news' that can goto a subpage.

Clean up the getting started, links to more resources and getting involved and throw it onto the main page. If this isn't making sense I could find some samples and draw some (shitty) sketches. If someone has something else they want to do, all ears!

Thats the website. We could also use some clean up of the wiki, articles on 4.8, articles on how to do basic stuff, explaining how to create your own.

Also could use a nice clean up of JIRA, outstanding issues closed out, new issues added, etc.
Posted by "Koga, Diego" <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by João Prado <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Itamar,