Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shabada, Gnaneshwer" <sh...@toysrus.com> on 2005/08/12 17:05:22 UTC

Struts Plug-in on Tomcat

Is there any chance that Struts Plug-in class wouldn't work on Tomcat 5.5.9
server? I have a web application where I wrote a Plugin to cache my results
prior to the page display. I want to run this plug-in during server startup.
I configured my struts-config.xml accordingly. Apparently, the same code
works on Websphere App sever but not on Tomcat. I cannot see my trace
statements in the log files? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Gnan

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.

Re: Struts Plug-in on Tomcat

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Shabada, Gnaneshwer wrote:
> Is there any chance that Struts Plug-in class wouldn't work on Tomcat 5.5.9
> server? I have a web application where I wrote a Plugin to cache my results
> prior to the page display. I want to run this plug-in during server startup.
> I configured my struts-config.xml accordingly. Apparently, the same code
> works on Websphere App sever but not on Tomcat. I cannot see my trace
> statements in the log files? Any help is appreciated.

How is it not working? Struts should load plugins exactly the same
regardless of the container used, so if your plugin is sensitive to the
deployment environment it's  probably due to something the plugin is
doing... (or a difference in configuration between deployments of course).

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie