Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/01 03:27:46 UTC

Re: central repository for NMaven artifacts

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> What I'm led to believe is that CamelCase is the convention for artifacts,
> and that NUnit might be an exception. For that reason, I have
> <finalName>nunit.framework</finalName> in the POM rather than break the
> convention on the artifact ID.
>
> Is everyone ok with:
> * CamelCase as the convention for artifact IDs
> * using finalName for NUnit rather than changing the artifact ID
> * selection of (b) below

I think we should respect the name of the artifact as shipped by NUnit
(and installed into the GAC by the NUnit installer).  Otherwise when
NMaven tries to import a project and searches the repository based on
the reference in the project file, it isn't going to find a match.

In Java most things are lowercase-with-dashes, but a few artifacts
like UMLGraph aren't.

--
Wendy

Re: central repository for NMaven artifacts

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Good point.

Any other opinions on this? Either way, nunit is going to be an anomaly.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org