Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kdannies <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/09 12:15:15 UTC

Optional Plugins in War project

Hi!

I'm developing in a war-project. This war project have some plugins. For
different purposes i do need different plugin sets. Of course, it's easy
just to add or remove the plugins as dependency in the POM of the main
project, but I'm supposed to do this in an easier way like a config file so
users of my project, not aware of maven, can build their project with a
specified plugin set on your own.

Are their any suggestions to realize this?

Best regards
Kai Dannies

Re: Optional Plugins in War project

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
if they are going to be building your project, they need to install maven,
and such so they will need to have at least some awareness of maven.

But I would instead have a plugin installation mechanism and get the users
to install the plugins into a standard deployed web-app, e.g. how hudson
works

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 09/12/2010 6:15 AM, kdannies wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm developing in a war-project. This war project have some plugins. For
> different purposes i do need different plugin sets. Of course, it's easy
> just to add or remove the plugins as dependency in the POM of the main
> project, but I'm supposed to do this in an easier way like a config file so
> users of my project, not aware of maven, can build their project with a
> specified plugin set on your own.
>
> Are their any suggestions to realize this?
>
> Best regards
> Kai Dannies
Perhaps you can explain a bit more about what you are doing with the
plug-ins and what the user's of the project actually need to do and why
they need to build your  project.

Ron