Posted to user@ode.apache.org by cinyoung hur <hu...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/06 09:17:43 UTC

Calling a REST service

Hello,

I'm testing to invoke REST services.
For this, I referred ODE's test samples.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/trunk/axis2-war/src/test/resources/TestHttpBindingExt_GET/
TestHttpBindingExt_GET samples has Blog.wsdl that describe a service to
access a blog articles.

I checked REST examples similar to the TestHttpBindingExt_GET. Other
examples also had WSDL file of a REST service.
I would like to know that describing a REST service in WSDL is mandatory in
Apache ODE.
However, many Rest service are used only with their URL.

Here is my questions.
Within the Apache ODE, should I define a REST services in WSDL?
Is there any way to just call straight to REST service URL?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Cinyoung Hur.