Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by perry law <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/09 06:02:36 UTC

new to jetspeed 2. running into problems in installing

Hi,
I would appreciate if someone can help me.
1) I am following the jetspeed 2 instructions to install from
apache.portals website.
it seems the instructions are not working. I get maven errors again and again.
2) Many people here seem to have passed thoruhg this stage.
3) Please provide me guidelines on how to install jetspeed 2

regards,

-Perry

RE: new to jetspeed 2. running into problems in installing

Posted by mesut çelik <me...@gmail.com>.
It seems to me binary distributions are not working correctly for both
tomcat version.

After downloading bin packets and running hsql db without problem, when I
start tomcat with startup.bat script I get continuously some errors. Full
stack trace below.

Thanks in advance,
Me_sut

--------------------------

SEVERE: Servlet /jetspeed threw load() exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not get Jetspeed Component Manager  at
org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedVelocityViewServlet.init(JetspeedVeloci
tyViewServlet.java:138)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:10
91)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:925)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3857)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4118)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:7
59)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:589)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:536
)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:471)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1102)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)

            at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:119)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1020)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1012)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:683)

            at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)

            at
)

            at
.java:25)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)

            at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)

> I would appreciate if someone can help me.
> 1) I am following the jetspeed 2 instructions to install from
> apache.portals website.
> it seems the instructions are not working. I get maven errors again and
again.

What kind of errors do you get?
Could you send us a short listing of the error

> 2) Many people here seem to have passed thoruhg this stage.
> 3) Please provide me guidelines on how to install jetspeed 2

You don't have to build from source code.
Binary distributions are available here:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: new to jetspeed 2. running into problems in installing

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.