Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2007/03/27 12:11:13 UTC

check existence of managed bean

Hi,

I am looking for a way to check whether a managed bean has been created.

Is there any function for this in the JSF api ?

Or do I have to check all scopes manually ?

Michael

Re: check existence of managed bean

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
The best way to answer this is to check the source code and see what
JSF does when you reference a bean.   It either retrieves the existing
bean or creates a new one.  If there's an api to determine if the bean
already exists, that code would probably probably using it.