Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zod Mansour <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/01 16:20:33 UTC

Install Help please

I am having difficulties installing tomcat. This is so
hard. I did manage to make a .so file and put it in
the libexec of apache but I get error message when I
start apache:
./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 1 of
/home/opt/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf:
Cannot load /home/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so into
server: /home/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so: undefined
symbol: map_name_at
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

What is this refering to!!!
I am running apache 1.3.14, jakarta 3.2 and java 1.3
This should not be this hard. Please reply to my eMail
directly.

thx,

cptnzod@yahoo.com

http://shopping.yahoo.com/