Posted to users@maven.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/16 19:55:49 UTC

create war files for different env's (test, qa, prod)?

I need to create war files that are for specific
env's.  The differences are usernames, passwords, sso
settings that exist in web.xml and application
configuration files.

Currently, I use property files and the
ant/copy/filterset to accomplish this.  Based upon a
property value that I pass to ant, I load that
property file and off I go..

ant -Dphase=test buildwebapp

will cause my build to load the
"test.build.properties" and build the war file with
those properties in my war file.

Thinking/reading about maven where there is one
artifact per project, while I can see by creating many
projects that I can accomplish my goal, but that would
involve copying the web.xml templates to multiple
projects.

I would be appreciate it if I could just have some
general guidance in how I should proceed with this
case.

Thank you for your time.

Re: create war files for different env's (test, qa, prod)?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Can you search the archives And see if that helps? We've already discussed this
this week, and there were some helpful links given out.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Brett