Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by abhishek1015 <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/13 08:05:35 UTC

blockcache usage

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if someone has experimentally determined how much a 64 MB
block of hfile will occupy once it is loaded in block cache. I suppose some
overhead of storing as java object.

Thanks
Abhishek

Re: blockcache usage

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
Pls have a look at HFileBlock#heapSize()

You can know the overhead reading this.

-Anoop-

Re: blockcache usage

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.