Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by James Wilkinson <sa...@aprilcottage.co.uk> on 2007/04/04 15:48:29 UTC

Outlook-style message-IDs?

Hello, all you happy people,

I have in my possession a legitimate e-mail with
but no sign that it comes from a Microsoft product.

As far as I can see, this one header is causing it to get
 2.8 RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME Bulk email fingerprint (Outlook no name)
                            found
 1.7 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam
 1.9 RATWARE_MS_HASH        Bulk email fingerprint (msgid ms hash) found
for a total of 6.4 points.

It appears that these three rules are all scoring on effectively the
same thing. Is this intentional?

(For the time being, I intend to add negative rules to score these down
when all three are present).

Thanks,

James.

--