Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2014/04/17 22:04:54 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday April 18, 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, April 18 at 9:00 am Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

We use the conference call for audio and use Google Hangouts for screen
sharing and video.
The Google Hangouts URL for the meeting: http://goo.gl/sCKJaS

Agenda:
1. Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts: Myrna
copied Derby and Torque, so are we ready to inform Infra?
2. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates
3. Question from Andy about JDO 3.1 release date, see mail "Apache
(Oracle?) JDO 3.1 release, revisited".
4. News on JDO-651 "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651 ?
5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Mar 14 2014] AI Craig Spec update for JDO-728 "extension element for
@Index annotation is needed"
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-712
[Feb 28 2014] AI Everyone: take a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-625
[Jan 10 2014] AI Michelle resolve JDO-723
[Dec 13 2013] AI Craig file a JIRA for java.sql.Blob and java.sql.Clob
as persistent field types
[Oct 25 2013] AI We still need to merge changes from the 3.1-rc1 branch
to the trunk.
[May 10 2013] AI Everyone take a look Apache ISIS and maybe subscribe to
ISIS mail lists.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods. In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web:   www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday April 18, 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Use svnpubsub for publishing DB project release artifacts: Myrna copied Derby and Torque, so are we ready to inform Infra?

3.0.1 is the only release still relevant for our purposes. Other releases are still available directly from maven central.

If any additional releases are needed, we can simply update the svnpubsub directory ourselves.

2. JDO release JDO 3.1-rc1: JDO web site updates https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7320

The JIRA has been updated to request that infra make svnpubsub live.

3. Question from Andy about JDO 3.1 release date, see mail "Apache (Oracle?) JDO 3.1 release, revisited".

JDO falls outside the boundaries of "normal" Oracle-led JSRs. It has taken more time than I expected to get Oracle legal to understand that JDO is a different project with different licensing requirements. Mostly, Oracle is used to being in control of JSRs in which it has an interest.

I am still working on getting the licensing for 3.1 resolved so we can release while we discuss other alternatives.

I have discussed with Oracle attorneys several scenarios: transferring Maintenance Lead responsibilities to another organization. Apparently transferring to Apache sounds so far-fetched as to be a non-starter. If there is another organization or individual willing to be Maintenance Lead, that might be possible. Volunteers?

Another alternative is for JDO to leave JCP completely. This would mean renaming the API name space from javax.jdo to org.apache.jdo just like the TCK has already done. The specification license would still be problematic. Also, the name Java TM Data Objects would probably need to be changed.

Bottom line: no, there is no expected release date.

4. News on JDO-651 "Modify specification to address NoSQL datastores":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651 ?

no news.

[...]

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle