Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Dave Bryson <da...@miceda-data.com> on 2001/03/05 02:15:06 UTC

We have probs with overriding properties

Jason,

Here's what I'm seeing:

If you try to override properties with a property file other than default - for
example the props  file in the whiteboard. The Runtime will not pickup
both paths; it'll only grab one.

However, if I tweak the default.properties file to look for two paths it works - why -
because it's not overriding properties via ConfigurationsProperties.setOverridingProperty().

ConfigurationsProperties puts overidden properties in a Hashtable which means you
can only have one key called "resource.path"!

This is my hunch as of right now...I'm still investigating!

--
Dave Bryson
daveb@miceda-data.com

Re: We have probs with overriding properties

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Dave Bryson wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> > > Any chance you can make the loaders also support
> > >
> > > .... resource.path = <dir1>,<dir2>,<dir3>
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > .... resource.path = <jar1>,<jar2>,<jar3>
> > >
> > > ?
> > >
> > > Then you would have a workaround right now, and also, I am lazy and that
> > > would be the default way I would want to use it...  it's also how our
> > > beloved bretheren in WebMacro-land do it, so we wouldn't be suprising
> > > all the ex-WM users :)
> >
> > That's what I'm going to try now.
>
> This should work - but it doesn't ( I just tried ).  The method works OK in
> Turbine. In Velocity however, it just reads it as one line - doesn't parse on
> the commas.
>
> Now i'm getting pissed :-)

Right - just do that in the loader itself....

geir

Re: We have probs with overriding properties

Posted by Dave Bryson <da...@miceda-data.com>.

Posted by Dave Bryson <da...@miceda-data.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.