Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/30 14:09:34 UTC

Re: Mavenized NetBeans contrib/ (Python)

I’d have to dig up that work (have a branch on my fork with it) but as I
recall it did have support for 2.x, 3.x, and Jython.  In assumption it
would be coming I made into a cluster (from a contrib), worked to updated
licenses and was going to look to update some of the out of date APIs
(believe Search APIs used at the time) but held off due pending donation
(i.e. was expecting it to come but never quite happened).  So I gave up on
that and moved on to other options.

So I worked on a LSP from scratch (mostly borrow some from other LSP
implementations) version (tentatively called python4nb) and was able to get
the text mate grammar  to allow highlights. Still a WIP,  working to get
some of the infrastructure (i.e. UI, LSP server setup, etc.) and
configuration (i.e adding Python instances) and actual execution but that
also has stalled.

I suppose if some of the contrib is usable in the LSP that might speed some
of it up but hadn’t even started to do that.

Eric

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com