Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by mc...@fullvisibility.com on 2021/07/19 15:30:05 UTC

Insufficient history, please try again later

I am running NiFi 1.13.2 on Windows 2012 Server.
For any of my process blocks if I try to look at "Status History" I get a dialog "Insufficient history, please try again later."

I *think* that these settings should provide me with *some* history but it very well be that I am mistaken and have things configured incorrectly.

nifi.components.status.repository.implementation=org.apache.nifi.controller.status.history.VolatileComponentStatusRepository
nifi.components.status.repository.buffer.size=1440
nifi.components.status.snapshot.frequency=1 min

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Matt

RE: Re: Re: Re: Insufficient history, please try again later

Posted by mc...@fullvisibility.com.
Awesome!  Thanks - I'll upgrade to that.

Much appreciate the response,
Matt

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: Re: Re: Insufficient history, please try again later
From: "Pierre Villard" <pi...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/20/21 8:52 am
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>

   OK, I found the problem, this has been fixed in 1.14.0: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-8400

  Le mar. 20 juil. 2021 &agrave; 14:42, <mc...@fullvisibility.com> a &eacute;crit :
 Ah, yes.  In the nifi-app.log file I do see recurring Timer-Driven Process Thread error messages.

o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController Failed to capture component stats for Stats History
java.lang.NullPoinerException:  null
  at org.apache.nfif.diagnostics.SystemDiagnostics.getOpenFileHandles(SystemDiagnostics.java:224)
  at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.getNodeStatusSnapshow(FlowController.java:3011)
etc.

And this looks like it it happens every minute, per the snapshot frequency I listed below.

Thanks,
Matt

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: Re: Insufficient history, please try again later
From: "Pierre Villard" <pi...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/19/21 1:11 pm
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>

 Any error/message in nifi-app or nifi-user log files?

  Le lun. 19 juil. 2021 &agrave; 18:32, <mc...@fullvisibility.com> a &eacute;crit :
 Yes, data has been going through the components for at least two weeks on one instance and a few hours on the other.
Same message on both systems for all components.

Thanks,
Matt

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: Insufficient history, please try again later
From: "Pierre Villard" <pi...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/19/21 12:07 pm
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>

 Hi,
You usually need to wait a few minutes after some data went through the component to get something to display.
Are you experiencing this issue after a while even though data is going through the component?
Please keep in mind that stats are removed after a restart when using the volatile repository.

Thanks,
Pierre

  Le lun. 19 juil. 2021 &agrave; 17:30, <mc...@fullvisibility.com> a &eacute;crit :

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.