Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org> on 2019/02/03 13:30:04 UTC

Bootstrap?

Hi all

I have built AOO from source in previous versions using the step-by-step guide

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step

Currently (in trunk and all branches from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/) there is no bootstrap file (only bootstrap.1 which is not set to execute) so

./bootstrap

doesn't work. Oddly enough I downloaded build 4.1.5 which I build successfully in the past but it only contains bootstrap.1

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi again

>     What I got to know is that binfilter was disabled to reduce the running
>     time in openoffice old versions, so there may be the case of this package
>     is removed from the newer versions.Correct me if i am wrong.

So I can ignore this error?

>     and for installing libcups use apt-get install libcups2-dev. It worked for
>     me.

Thanks! The error message did not help.

I had previously executed

sudo apt-get install g++ gcc bison flex libarchive-zip-perl libcups2-dev \ libpam0g-dev gperf libfreetype6-dev libxaw7-dev libfontconfig1-dev \ libxrandr-dev patch libgconf2-dev libgnomevfs2-dev ant libgtk2.0-dev \ junit junit4 libidl-dev liborbit2-dev openjdk-8-jdk libwww-perl \ libxml-parser-perl autoconf libssl-dev libpam-dev libgstreamer\*

which includes libcups2-dev, so I don't know why some libraries were not downloaded/installed...

Anyway, I got a bootstrap file and it run without errors!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Pedro

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
The german wiki describes it here:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linking_Format

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Nikhil, all

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Nikhil Gupta <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
> [...]

>>          > >         Hi all
>>>
>>>      >
>>          > >         I have built AOO from source in previous versions using the step-by-step
>>>          guide
>>>
>>>      >     >

>>          > >         https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
>>>
>>>      >
>>          > >         Currently (in trunk and all branches from
>>>          https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/) there is no bootstrap file
>>>          (only bootstrap.1 which is not set to execute) so
>>>
>>>      >
>>          > >         ./bootstrap
>>>
>>>      >
>>          > >         doesn't work. Oddly enough I downloaded build 4.1.5 which I build
>>>          successfully in the past but it only contains bootstrap.1

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Don Lewis <tr...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure about Windows, but on all the other platforms it is only
needed to build the optional odk.

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
> On February 3, 2019 at 4:14 PM Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org> wrote:
>

> The DLL is also an requirement to be there. Somewhere it says why.

Yes, it is required to build the ODK but I'm using the --disable-odk switch (as described in the step-by-=step guide)
In any case, I never downloaded that dll in the past and have successfully compiled functional Linux x64 installers and binaries

Thanks!

Re: Bootstrap?

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.

Re: Bootstrap?