Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew M <an...@oc384.net> on 2008/08/07 20:54:06 UTC

Last image caching in qpid?

I need last image caching as described here:

Does qpid currently support this? Will M3?

Thanks,

Andrew

RE: Last image caching in qpid?

Posted by Andrew M <an...@oc384.net>.

I'd like to start testing w/this functionality as soon as possible.  Is
there anyone who'd find this quick and easy to add to the trunk so I could
start testing it?  I would add it myself but I'm more of a java guy that
C++.  I guess I could take a whack at it but for someone familiar with the
project and C++ it'd be a quick change I'd think.  I just need the broker to
maintain the most recent message in memory(or on disk) and send it out
immediately as the first message upon a new client subscribing to that
topic.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Andrew

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your email.

Our current Java Broker releases will not guarantee FIFO due to behaviou
around client return of pre-fetch behaviour, but M3 will do - which is one
part of the functionality you'd need.

However, we don't (afaik!) have anything captured in JIRA about the Last
Image type behaviour, where subscription to a topic always returns the last
message matching your subscription - the other bit so to speak.

If this is something you'd like to see in Qpid's Java Broker please raise it
as a JIRA and we'll look at it when scoping our next release, which is
likely to scoped soon.

Anyone else able to comment on the C++ broker wrt to Andrew's question ?

Hth,
Regards,
Marnie