Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Bruce Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/27 00:23:12 UTC

Announcing the Yahoo! Distribution of Hadoop

I wonder what this means?.

http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/06/yahoo_distribution_of_hadoop.html

Bruce
--

“Discovering...discovering...we will never cease discovering...
and the end of all our discovering will be

Re: Announcing the Yahoo! Distribution of Hadoop

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
At the Hadoop Summit they announced this as the version Y! runs
internally after quality audits. This is like what cloudera does so
you don't have to wait after official releases for some important
patches and, at the same time, you don't take the risk of running of a
branch or trunk with destabilizing patches.

J-D

Posted by Bruce Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
I think with an API freese they are going to distribute patches as
immediate updates rather than release peroidic versions for this
distro, at least that is my read.

Bruce