Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 12:39:13 UTC

Release manager for 1.7.1

Hi all,

It's time to get a bug-fix release out, and again today we're getting
messages from the user list asking for 1.7.1.

I volunteer to be release manager (but would like an experienced hand
to back me up procedurally and with svn branching etc).

Also need to decide if the issue Steve has discovered in the Property
handing should be fixed before release (I think it should)

Hopefully I'll be able to devote enough time to do a decent release
without work getting in the way :)

Kev

Re: Release manager for 1.7.1

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jm...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>.
> Kevin Jackson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It's time to get a bug-fix release out, and again today we're getting
>> messages from the user list asking for 1.7.1.
>>
>> I volunteer to be release manager (but would like an experienced hand
>> to back me up procedurally and with svn branching etc).

+1
Martijn

Re: Release manager for 1.7.1

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's time to get a bug-fix release out, and again today we're getting
> messages from the user list asking for 1.7.1.
>
> I volunteer to be release manager (but would like an experienced hand
> to back me up procedurally and with svn branching etc).

yes, +1 :)

> Also need to decide if the issue Steve has discovered in the Property
> handing should be fixed before release (I think it should)

That's in the 1.8 branch, not 1.7.1

If it were in 1.7.1, then yes, I'd consider it a showstopper.

Re: Release manager for 1.7.1

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/07, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's time to get a bug-fix release out, and again today we're
> > getting messages from the user list asking for 1.7.1.
> >
> > I volunteer to be release manager (but would like an experienced
> > hand to back me up procedurally and with svn branching etc).
Excellent!

> Cool.  I'd hope for anybody else to show up before I raise my hand 8-)
>
> > Also need to decide if the issue Steve has discovered in the
> > Property handing should be fixed before release (I think it should)
>
> IIUC it happens only in trunk, not in the 1.7 branch.

Yes, it is only on the trunk and *not* on the 1.7 branch.

Peter

Re: Release manager for 1.7.1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.