Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by vlady <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca> on 2003/02/04 15:14:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Bandwith statistics for virtual hosts

Hi all,
Does some one know if there exists a way (module) for apache to gives a
 statistics for the  bandwith utilization for evry (named based) virtual
host?

Thanks for eny help
Cheers

[users@httpd] higher download bandwidth

Posted by Paul Muad`dib <uz...@gmx.net>.
Dear All,

how can I increase d/l bandwidth for my users ?

What I mean with that is I am running Apache 2.046 on Win2K server ( I know
I should use linux )....and I am on a broadband connection with 1.5M up and
down, but my "users" can only d/l with max 16k...

Anybody got an idea ?

Thnx in advance,

Paul

Re: [users@httpd] Bandwith statistics for virtual hosts

Posted by vlady <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca>.
Jonathan Laberge wrote:

>On 2/4/03 9:32 AM, "vlady" <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca> wrote:
>I understood and that's exactly what webalizer does, if I understand right.
>It'll give you those stats online too (bandwith and all)!!
>
>You should check it out.
>
>>Jonathan Laberge wrote:
>>
>>>On 2/4/03 9:14 AM, "vlady" <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca> wrote:
>>>Hi!
>>>

>>>Well maybe not only with apache.  But what I do is I create different access
>>>logs for every virtual host on my box.  After I use
>>>webalizer.(www.webalizer.org)  It is a cool and FREE app.  It'll give you
>>>all the statistics you want.  Their is a FAQ on their website that gives a
>>>step by step walkthrough to config your virtual hosts to have all the
>>>different statistics for them (including transfers in Kbytes).
>>>
>>>Have a nice day!

>>Thank for the replay :-)
>>My problem is that my boss wanted the statistics on-line. Now I have the
>>stats based on information from mod_status but  it is global for the
>>server. I  wondered if there exist a similar way for taking the bandwith
>>stats on the virtual host level?

Yeh :-) You are definitly right for webalizer ... But it is my fault i
didn't explain in the begginig what exactly I am trying to do. Now I  am
taking a data for the apache traffic from mod_status and I am using it
in my mrtg grapsh. Like this I can see right now what the bandwith
utilization trend is. Now I want to do the same but on virtual host base.
Sorry if I am wasting yor time  :-)
Cheers

Re: [users@httpd] Bandwith statistics for virtual hosts

Posted by Jonathan Laberge <jl...@redboxstudios.com>.
On 2/4/03 9:32 AM, "vlady" <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca> wrote:
I understood and that's exactly what webalizer does, if I understand right.
It'll give you those stats online too (bandwith and all)!!

You should check it out.
> Jonathan Laberge wrote:
>
>> On 2/4/03 9:14 AM, "vlady" <vl...@cyber2000.qc.ca> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>

>> Well maybe not only with apache.  But what I do is I create different access
>> logs for every virtual host on my box.  After I use
>> webalizer.(www.webalizer.org)  It is a cool and FREE app.  It'll give you
>> all the statistics you want.  Their is a FAQ on their website that gives a
>> step by step walkthrough to config your virtual hosts to have all the
>> different statistics for them (including transfers in Kbytes).
>>
>> Have a nice day!
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> Does some one know if there exists a way (module) for apache to gives a
>>> statistics for the  bandwith utilization for evry (named based) virtual
>>> host?
>>>
>>> Thanks for eny help
>>> Cheers

> Thank for the replay :-)
> My problem is that my boss wanted the statistics on-line. Now I have the
> stats based on information from mod_status but  it is global for the
> server. I  wondered if there exist a similar way for taking the bandwith
> stats on the virtual host level?

Art visuel, communication, multimédia et internet

Jonathan Laberge
jlaberge@redboxstudios.com

Les Studios RedBox inc.
9643 boul. LaSalle