Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Owen <Ro...@sas.com> on 2006/09/01 22:03:07 UTC

Slide webdavclient with commons-httpclient3

We are using the Slide client library, but would like to use commons-httpclient 3.0.1 (or even 3.1 when it is released). I have included a patch for all the changes that I made to get this working for webdavclient. I don't know what the plans are for a Slide 3.0 release, or even whether this is necessary ... maybe Slide 2.2 could be allowed to run with httpclient3. There is also the fact that the client may not be able to ship independently of the server. Can you elaborate on what the plans are for the next release of Slide (client)? When might be the earliest we could see a version containing changes like this?

Thanks,
Rob.

 <<slide3.patch>>

RE: Slide webdavclient with commons-httpclient3

Posted by Kiran Patchigolla <Ki...@hyperion.com>.
It is independent of the server. We ported the slide client lib to use
the commons-httpclient 3.

We are using the Slide client library, but would like to use
commons-httpclient 3.0.1 (or even 3.1 when it is released). I have
included a patch for all the changes that I made to get this working for
webdavclient. I don't know what the plans are for a Slide 3.0 release,
or even whether this is necessary ... maybe Slide 2.2 could be allowed
to run with httpclient3. There is also the fact that the client may not
be able to ship independently of the server. Can you elaborate on what
the plans are for the next release of Slide (client)? When might be the
earliest we could see a version containing changes like this?

Thanks,
Rob.

 <<slide3.patch>>

If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender as soon as possible. The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and the unauthorized use, copying, or dissemination of it and any attachments to it, is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and Hyperion does not, therefore, accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor for any damage caused by viruses. The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion. For more information about Hyperion, please visit our Web site at: www.hyperion.com